1. Our commitment to protecting your privacy
Exelero Property Development Pty Limited and each of its related companies and businesses (referred to in this policy as “we”, “us” and “our”) are committed to protecting your privacy and handling personal and sensitive information in an open and transparent way.
• on our web pages at the website www.exelero.com.au or other websites operated by Exelero Property Development Pty Limited or its related entities or businesses (Website);
• from any third party websites where we may be advertising;
• via our conversations with you on the telephone;
• via email correspondence;
• from any third party websites where we are advertising;
• from your conversations with our sales representatives, employees or agents at our home display centres, established product or information briefings;
• in any forms completed by you, and
• from any social media platform.
Your access to and use of the Website is subject to our terms and conditions. These terms and conditions of use are located on the Website and easily available by clicking here
2. Collection of personal information
When we refer to personal information we mean information from which your identity is reasonably apparent. The personal information we hold about you may also include credit information.
Whenever it’s reasonable and practicable to do so, we only collect information about you that comes directly from you.
We may also collect personal information from suppliers, contractors and third-party service providers who operate with our business such as contact details, account details and personal information that is publicly available. The personal information we may collect about you includes your name, date of birth, address, account details, occupation, and any other information we made need to identify you.
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you without your consent. Sensitive information may include information regarding: racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs, sexual preferences, membership of professional or trade associations or unions, health information, or criminal convictions.
3. Why do we collect your personal information
We only collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary:
• when you register with us to receive information via the telephone, email, display centres or social media platforms or Website;
• as a result of your use of social media platforms or the Website;
• to assess your application in relation to the purchase of all of our services and products;
• when you enter a competition or complete a survey form;
• when you communicate, receive information or make enquiries about home building, land and apartment developments or housing and building projects;
• for the purposes of direct marketing or to send promotional materials regarding our services and products including future contract homes, home building, land and apartment developments or housing and building projects;
• when we provide you with information about products and services as it relates to contract homes, home building, land and apartment development or housing and building projects;
• when determining your requirements to provide personalised advice on contract homes, home building, and apartment developments or housing and building projects;
• for feedback on our services for market or other research purposes;
• for you to be updated and included in any offers we may make for our new products and services and new ranges of contract homes products and services, home building, land and apartment developments or housing and building projects; and
• to maintain your contact details and other relevant information that enables us to serve you more effectively in relation to our products and services including contract homes, home building, land and apartment developments or housing and building projects.
4. How we hold your personal information
We hold personal information in electronic form. We have reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security procedures in place to protect all information provided from misuse, disclosure and unauthorised access. We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside Australia. We may also store and maintain any content that you provide using the Website, including postings on any blogs, webinars, forums, and other social media applications and services that we may provide.
5. Use of personal information
We only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us. For example, we may from time to time use your personal information:
• to provide information about products and services which we expect may be of interest to you, for example, building and housing projects, land and apartment development projects;
• to inform you of our new range of products and services including new contract homes or updates on building and housing projects, land and apartment development projects;
• to determine your requirements so as to provide personalised advice on our contract homes, land and apartment development projects and our other products and services;
• to promote and market our existing and future contract home products, land and apartment development projects and other products services to you;
• to manage your request and to customise and improve the Website and related products services offered to you;
• that you post in our blogs and forums for marketing purposes including our web marketing; or
• data (that does not include your personal information) about your experience and feedback regarding our services and products, such as user success stories and testimonials for statistics, research and marketing purposes.
We do not sell personal information to other organisations to allow them to do this.
You may also at any time request that we discontinue sending you emails or other communications generated in response to information we have gathered from you.
6. Blogs, forums and other social media
The Website may host various blogs and forums that allow you to share content with other users. Any personal information or other information that you contribute can be read, collected and used by other users over whom we have little or no control. We are not responsible for any other user’s use, misuse or misappropriation of any personal information or other information that you contribute.
7. Our disclosure of your personal information
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that:
(b) you have consented to us making the disclosure.
We may disclose your personal information to overseas entities that provide support functions to us. You may obtain more information about these entities by contacting us.
We may disclose your personal information:
• to our related companies and associated businesses that may want to market products and services to you;
• to consultants, contractors, agents and service providers who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf;
• to other organisations that are involved in managing or administering the products or services that we provide to you including third party suppliers;
• to anybody who represents you, such as lawyers and accountants;
• to anyone else where you have provided your consent to do so;
• where we are authorised to do so by law ;
• to investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has an interest in our business;
• organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by us; or
• to your employer, referees or identity verification services.
By providing information through the Website or to us, you are consenting to the disclosure as described above.
8. Your access to the information we hold about you
You may access your personal and sensitive information that we hold about you at any time. Users who have any problem accessing their personal information or user profiles, or would like to request a copy of their personal information should contact our Privacy Contact Officer.
Depending on the type of request that you make we may respond to your request immediately without charge. Otherwise, we usually respond to you within seven days of receiving your request, usually in circumstances where your information is stored in our archives or that are not current records. We may need to contact other entities to properly investigate your request. We may charge you for the cost of retrieving archived or non-current information.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal information, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings, or if your request is vexatious. An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to the personal information we hold about you.
9. Updating your personal information
It is important to us that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. We may request that you inform us if any of your personal information changes. If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, you may contact the Privacy Contact Officer.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, inaccurate or out of date you may request that we correct the information. If appropriate we will correct the personal information at the time of the request otherwise, we will provide an initial response to you within seven days of receiving your request. Where reasonable, and after our investigation, we will provide you with details about whether we have corrected the personal information within 30 days. We may need to consult with other entities as part of our investigation.
If you have created a user profile, you may access your user profile, correct and update their details, or unsubscribe at any time.
If we refuse to correct the personal information we will provide you with our reasons for not correcting the information.
10. Log information and cookies
(a) identify you;
(b) authenticate your details;
(c) track and record the programs you viewed and when you viewed them to help us ascertain your preferences and transactional habits; and
(d) collect aggregated data.
11. “Do Not Call” Register
The “Do Not Call Register” gives phone users the right of opting out of receiving unsolicited telemarketing calls. In compliance with our obligations under the Do Not Call Register Act 2006, we will make telemarketing calls to numbers listed on the Do Not Call Register only in the circumstances permitted by the Act. Such circumstances include where you have given us consent (express or implied) to do so. When you have given us express consent to call, your consent is deemed to be for an indefinite period unless you specify otherwise.
12. Website Measurement Software
We may, from time to time use website measurement software to assist in tracking traffic patterns to and from our Website, anonymously surveying users of the Website. The software monitors information such as the number of unique visitors, how long these visitors spend on the Website when they visit, and common entry and exit points into and from the Website.
The information is collected and aggregated by us and/or our service provider to assist us in our analysis of our Website.
If you are dissatisfied with how we have dealt with your personal information, or you have a complaint about our compliance with the Privacy Act, you may contact our Privacy Contact Officer at:
Privacy Contact Officer
Exelero Property Development Pty Limited
478 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days. We will provide you with a decision on your complaint within 30 days.
If you are dissatisfied with the response of our Privacy Contact Officer you may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner which can be contacted via the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website (www.oaic.gov.au) or on 1300 052 063.